Wednesday

Machinemadegod - Entrevista

Machinemadegod: Machinemade God has a lot of different meanings, for example:
People worship things and media more than their gods, morals and their own lifes.
They depend on things like Television, Internet and other not important things.

Machinemade God was found in 2003, from the beginning on we took the band serious and we wanted to be more than a fun project, so we pushed the band as far as possible.
In 2004, after several successful shows, we recorded a selfproduced, four-track demo cd, to sell at shows. In 2005 we recorded our debut full-length “The Infinity Complex” which was released by Metal Blade Records, where we signed in 2005. We did some tours, i.e. a full European tour with Evergreen Terrace and played some shows and festivals. When things went more professional we had to replace our guitar-player due to personal reasons. We also were in the writing process for our second full-length “Masked”, which will be released via Metal Blade Records on the 24th of August.

Writing process: When we went to the studio the first time, we actually just recorded our songs.
This time, with “Masked” we really produced an album for the first time. We really thought about how the new songs and the record should sound like. We did a pre-production to make sure the ideas and the songs really work out.
We spent a lot more time while recording our album, to make sure everything turns out exactly the way we want it to. We didn´t want to just bring out an follow-up record which is basically the same record with another title, like some other bands do. We wanted to prove that we are able to write a really good record, that stands out and is totally different to the debut without losing our sound. We think that “Masked” is a 100% progress for Machinemade God. Technically on a higher level, mature songwriting and really diverse record.
We rehearse about two times a week and sometimes more before shows.
Metal Blade is treating us really good and I guess there´s nothing to complain from our side. They work really good and very hard for all their bands, and as far as I know there´s no band on the roster that is unsatisfied with Metal Blade.

Lyrics: A lot of the lyrics I write are personal related, cause that´s the easiest for me to write about me and my feelings and/or experiences I made in my life. I wanted to go further this time and write the lyrics more diverse.
Nemesis for example is about mankind exploiting the earth, polluting nature and about the loss of morals and wrong politics.
Voices is a song about never giving in, even though everything around you seems to break. For Those Who Care is one of my favourites. Cause of the band I didn´t really had the time to be there for my friends as much as I wanted to. Still there were certain people who always stuck with me and cared about me and about what I am doing, over years without complaining about me not being there for me. This was a way for me to give them something back, a small “thank you”, to show them that I don´t take everything for granted.

Album Cover: The Artwork was done my Magdalena Nowak from hellucinations.de . It actually shows a Mask, which represents the Album Title pretty well. It s all in Black and red/brownish colours. We wanted something that looks mystic, dark but not really evil. I think she did an awesome job with that one.

Live tour to promote the new record: We def. wanna tour as much as possible, not just to promote the new album, also because playing shows is what we really wanna do. There´s s something in the works, but nothing really confirmed yet, so I guess I leave it that way.
But mentionable is this years Summer-Breeze-Festival, where we appear.
All other dates will be posted on our website, Metal Blade´s website and on our MySpace page. So check back to these sites every now and then.

Musical (and other) influences: There´s no special band that influences our sound or the lyrics. I guess the main influence is life and the current moods of us while writing music and lyrics.
All of us have a real diverse taste in music.

Metalcore. Your opinion: Is a blurry, worn-out term without a real definition.

Final Message: Thanks for reading and remember to support your local scene!


Entrevistador: RDS
Entrevistado: Flo Velten – Vocals

No comments: