Monday

Simone Fiorletta - Entrevista

- Simone Fiorletta (short bio, discography, highlights, …):
-
Endorsement: “D’Orazio Strings” “Jim Reed Guitars”
-
At seven year-old I got near the music studying piano with the M°. Gianluca Spalvieri (an European level pianist). At twelve I bought my first electric guitar studying first as self-taught person then taking private lessons. Among the various studies, I frequented the triennial course given by Percento Musica in Rome where I "knew" the instrument with teachers such as Umberto Fiorentino, Franco Ventura, Massimiliano Rosati, Stefano Micarelli and others. At the same time, for two years, I studied flamenco guitar with Roberto Valle. In the last times, now and then, I take lessons with Micarelli and Rosati.

DISCOGRAPHY AND WORKS:
Between 1998 and 2001 I recorded four demo: two as guitar player ( Infinite Dreams and Souls ) and two with Moonlight Comedy (…And The Moonlight Dispelled A Mistery and Second Shadow ), thanks to which I received several proposals by different Italian and international labels. In September 2004 was released the first Moonlight Comedy album ( The Life Inside ) produced by Legend Music in Rome and distributed in 26 nations by Lion Music (www.lionmusic.com) , the Finnish label. In October 2004, the Milanese label Videoradio released in Italy my first album (The Beginning).After the success of both the albums ( The Life Inside appreciated by world criticism and The Beginning that got the first place among the more downloaded albums of Vitaminic ) I have had the honor to sign a Lion Music contract as guitar player; so in September 2005 I released Parallel Worlds , my second album, this time a worldwide distribution. This album has got for various weeks the Top10 in Germany, Norway and in the famous American Guitar9.
In February 2006 I start the recordings of the new Moonlight Comedy album, relesead by Lion Music in February 2007.
At the same time I was working for my new album with:
Andrea De Paoli ( Labyrinth ) – Keyboard;
Pasko ( Loredana Bertè , Cans – Hammer Fall ) – Bass;
Tony Liotta ( Santana, Sting, Tina Turner, Chick Corea and many more) – Drums.

My new album will be released in July 2007 by the same Lion Music.

Always in 2007 / 2008 I will be present on the new album of the big Tony Liotta's Human Steps , with international fame artists.

In 2000 I was the guest in a Neil Zaza's live in concert in Rome.
I work also as session in different studios in Italy, playing also different musical styles.
Since October 2004 I'm a founder partner of the Music Station, center of music lessons, I'm the electric guitar teacher, concert hall and two studios.

- “My Secret Diary” (writing process, recording process, guest musicians, label, …):

MSD was born because, as all my works, I want play my life, my emotions. I love talking about me writing instrumental songs, so I am always the only author of my works. Generally I write songs starting from a rhythmic guitar line to program drum and bass. When it's done the song skeleton I begin to think about the melodic line of the soloist. Sometimes I demand that my drum'n'bass ideas were respected while if I know the potentialities of my musicians I let they express themselves.
In this album I am surrounded by exceptional musicians. For the whole album I am supported by Andrea De Paoli (Labyrinth) on the keyboards, Pasko (Cans) on the bass and the legendary Tony Liotta (Santana, Sting and more) on the drums and percussions.
I have also had a good special guest in a song: William Marino (Mina, Sandy Marton and more) who play the solo in "Good Bye".
This album has also been released by the excellent Finnish Lion Music.

- Album frontcover / artwork (who, why, meaning, …):
The whole artwork is by Armando Pizzuti, good graphic artist as well as bass player of my Prog Metal Band Moonlight Comedy (http://www.moonlightcomedy.com/ - www.myspace.com/moonlightcomedy).
"My Secret Diary" cover represents a hand that holds among the fingers a little diary, to give the idea of something personal, not visible to the others, with a background that recalls some emotions transfered in the songs.

- Live tour to promote the new record:
Now I don't want to do a real tour because I'm making a tour with the Moonlight Comedy, but this doesn't want to say that I won't make promotional live for this album.

- Musical (and other) influences:
Talking about soloist guitar player I love a lot Joe Satriani, Neil Schon and Neil Zaza, anyway in my works I simply try to play all my emotions, my feelings.

- Final Message:
First of all I would anticipate you that I'm working with Milan Polak (Billy Sheehan, Paul Gilbert, Marty Friedman and more) on vocals and guitars, Andrea De Paoli (Labyrinth) on the keyboards, Domenico Citriniti and Armando Pizzuti (Moonlight Comedy) on the bass, Tony Liotta, Andrea Scala (Moonlight Comedy) and Marco Aiello on the drums. I thank you and all your readers to have spent part of your time with me. I invite you to visit http://www.simonefiorletta.it/ or www.myspace.com/simonefiorletta

-
Entrevistador: RDS
Entrevistado: Simone Fiorletta
-
Lion Music: http://www.lionmusic.com/

No comments: