Tuesday

Angel Of Eden - Entrevista

1 – Angel Of Eden (origin and meaning of the band’s name, short bio with highlights, discography, etc):
This is our Debut Album. I have formed this Band. First I wanted to do a Solo Record, but then step by step things developed into forming a real Band. I got contacted by Carsten Schulz and checked out his previous works with Domain and Evidence One and I liked it a lot. Ramy the Drummer and Ferdy the Guest Keyboarder were then recommended to me from Carsten and were then added to the Line Up. Furthermore I needed a strong keyboarder so I approached the Maestro, Mistheria, and for the Bass I asked Steve and he was ready to go, so my Line Up was complete.

The Band Name is called after one track on the CD, I really liked the Name very much, so I decided to pick this one as well as the Band Name. The Name doesn’t have a deeper meaning it’s more kind a fantasy thing.

2 – “The End Of Never” (writing & recording process):
I worked about 1 year on writing and finalizing the tracks. The Recordings took place in Germany, Italy, Switzerland and the US.

3 – Lyrics (influences, themes, messages):
Carsten’s Lyrics are based mostly on personal experiences and reflect his state of mind accordingly, pretty weird stuff at times, but they’re great lyrics and always a good read. I cannot go too deeply in them as I unfortunately am not able to read what is going on in his mind ;-)

My Lyrics contributions I can comment as follows:
- Dreamchaser is about a Dream, a Goal you have in Life and what are you willing to give for it and how much you get back for your efforts.
- Battle of 1386 is tune about a historical Battle which took place close to the place I live.

4 – Album frontcover / artwork (who, why, meaning, …):
The Frontcover and the Artwork was done by an artist called Jason Juta. I was checking some of his works and came across this picture of this Girl holding this crystal ball. I wanted it to be in a somewhat doomy, mystical context. We then worked it all out and put the ideas together after I presented my ideas to him, which resulted in this Cover, which came out to my absolute satisfaction.
I wanted it to be associated with the Band Name Angel of Eden, so you see kind a Angel in Paradise, but rather in a doomy, mystique background …..

5 – Guest musicians:
- Ferdy Doernberg, keys on 4 Tracks, he is a member of Axel Rudi Pell, Uli Jon Roth, amongst many others. He was recommended to me by Carsten and I watched him live with Uli Roth and I just liked his playing very much, he is a very cool slide guitar player as well!
- Steve di Giorgio, bass, a friend of mine, am very glad to have him on the record, he’s an incredibly gifted Bass Player.
- John West, vocals, my long time companion in Artension. I wanted him for one song and ‘Battle of 1386’ was the one we had him sing on, and I just turned out great, as you would expect.
- David Shankle, guitars, I liked very much his Instrumental ‘Etude’ he was doing on his first DSG Record and he liked my stuff I did with Artension, so we decided to cooperate on my CD. He played a kick ass solo on ‘Return of the Pharaoh Pt.1’.

6 – Musical and other kind of influences:
I’m into Neo-Classical, Power Metal and Melodic Rock. There’s many other styles I listen to, as for example Fusion and Classical Music, but I guess these are the most important ones. Bands that influenced me probably the most are: Yngwie Malmsteen, Cacophony, Uli Jon Roth, RacerX, Tony MacAlpine, early Metallica, Survivor, Van Halen, Maiden etc. although there are so many other bands that have influenced me over the years and still keep doing so.

7 – Lion Music:
A small but a very fine Record Label, they do a very good job at what they do, and are great people to be working with. Besides this, they treat their artists the way they deserve to be treated: Good!

8 – Tour to promote the record:
There’s nothing lined up yet, but we will try hard to make it happen. So in case you want us to play live in your area, give us a shout.

9 – Final Message:
In case you get a chance, check out the record. I hope you have as much fun listening to it as we had making it.


No comments: